Content Lockers – special tools that limit user’s access to specific parts of the webpage /or entire page until a user completes a certain target action (i.e. subscribe to notifications).
Here’s an example of how it works: a user finds a video he really wants to watch. He lands on the page with this video – but the part of the page where the video is supposed to be is blurred. Above the blurred area, he sees a notice: “Click “Subscribe” to watch the video.” The video will remain unavailable unless the user subscribes. The publisher is paid as soon as a user opts in.
In essence, content lockers are a no-hassle way to grow your income through monetization of content you’ve already published.
What content can you lock?
- Images (e.g., celebrity images, studying materials, etc.)
- Text (e.g., books, valuable blog posts, research articles, etc.)
- iframe (e.g., interactive applications)
- Music files
- any other by your choice
As a monetization method, content locking has multiple advantages:
1. It’s faster
Because users are highly motivated to perform the target action (subscription), the entire monetization process is going much faster.
2. No extra effort
You don’t have to create new stuff or implement refined monetization schemes – use what you already have (or what you would normally upload).
3. It boosts your profit
All the content you were providing for free before, can now be monetized through Push subscriptions. According to industry stats, the Push subscription rates rise by an average of 17% if the content locker is used.
If you are looking for “white” and profitable content locking solution, try the new Content Locker by Propush.me. You can find it in your account.
Check out the interface:
You can customize every aspect of interaction with a user:
- When to inform the user that the content is locked: right after user lands on the page or after he expresses his interest (i.e. clicks on the element)
- You can customize the appearance: whether you want to darken the entire page or just the locked part. Bonus: you can adjust the opacity!
- Also, it’s possible to tailor the timing: how fast the dark overlay appears
- Of course, you can create your own copy for the button and the message
- And, finally, when the opt-in request will be shown
You can also set up multilingual content locker, please find the instruction in this article.
Try Propush.me content locker here